WOSC 2017 Congress was a great success. Over 170 participants from all over the world discussed on three major themes:
– People, Technology and Governance for Sustainability
– Democracy, interactions, and organisation
– Cyber-systemic thinking, modelling and epistemology
The keynotes speeches have inspired us to rethink our perception of the world and instructed us to use systems thinking in our efforts to understand the society complexity.
The results of the Congress are multiple. Besides from exchanging views on their research achievements, the participants created valuable bonds with their peers. They can multiply their research using several publication outcomes:
The proceedings of the Congress werebe published in the book: Cybernetics and Systems: Social and Business Decisions edited by Sergio Barile, Raul Espejo, Igor Perko, Marialuisa Saviano.
WOSC 2017 related papers were submitted to the following journals.
- Kybernetes with the special issue Cyber-systemic thinking for a smart society
- Futures. The journal of policy, planning and futures studies with the special issue Futures of Society: The Interactions Revolution
- Sustainability Science with the special issue People, Technology and Governance for Sustainability: the contribution of Systems and Cyber-systemic thinking
- Journal of Knowledge Management
- Journal of Management and Governance
Many thanks to all of the highly engaged participants and the organisers, that made the congress possible.